Thursday, March 26, 2009

Make a wish ... and blow ...



Make a wish ... and blow ..., originally uploaded by Sparky2*.


I wish ... I wish ... and I wish for my family. If only wishing made it so.


"To understand your parents' love, you must raise children yourself." ~
Chinese proverb

I only hope that someday our children do come to understand just how great our love for them is.



"The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in
the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together."

~Erma Bombeck


"Grey's Anatomy" is a guilty pleasure in which I don't often have the chance to indulge ... but tonight I did. This line leaped out at me and stuck. Here's the setup:


At first glance, the family of a dying elderly woman in ER appeared cold and uncaring ... when the woman was resuscitated from a flat line episode, the indignant doctor wanted to clear the room of all the "family love" said with great sarcasm. The old woman shook her head and said,


"No. People are better than no people. They're MY people."

Then came the time when the flat line was final and true - and so were the family's tears and reluctance to let her go. It became real. And they really loved her - in the way of their own - a way she felt and understood. She was their people.


Brought home to me all the love that lies beneath the faults of each individual in a family. Wow. What a plan. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment