Friday, November 19, 2010

Near and Far

NEAR ...

... and FAR ...



I know I've been away an eternity ...

... such a busy summer and now it's already well into fall. It's safe to say that I probably immersed myself completely in too many "doins'" in order to not allow myself time for thinking and feeling the loss of my mom in February.

I believe in some ways it helped and in others only postponed the inevetable. Summer being such a "kidfull" time around here left me some space - some distance - with little time for dwelling or processing and I took advantage.

Now I'm back to up close and personal; I've just looked "Mom Time" of Thanksgiving and Christmas in the face -- and as my heroine
Junie B. Jones would say ...

"... I did a gulp."
I'll post a few "event markers" from my time away for myself - as well as for curious concerned and caring friends. (Thank you!) I'm thinking of it as good therapy ... to remind myself that life did continue and it has been good. I'm finding that up close life is just as beautiful if it has a lovely background behind it and a Mom who raised you to see it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment