Sunday, May 16, 2010

Like the child saw ...


View Large On Black



The Happy Child
~ by William Henry Davies



I saw this day sweet flowers grow thick --
But not one like the child did pick.


I heard the packhounds in green park --
But no dog like the child heard bark.


I heard this day bird after bird --
But not one like the child has heard.


A hundred butterflies saw I --
But not one like the child saw fly.


I saw the horses roll in grass --
But no horse like the child saw pass.


My world this day has lovely been --
But not like what the child has seen.
Posted by Picasa

"Every child is born a naturalist. His eyes are, by nature, open to the glories of the stars, the beauty of the flowers, and the mystery of life. "

Professor Search

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you back in action, Susan! I miss it when you're engaged in other things.

    Boud (Liz)

    ReplyDelete